This Crock Pot Apple Butter, sweetened with maple syrup and dates. No white sugar added!
Crock Pot Apple Butter [Vegan]
- 5 pounds of apples such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp or Macintosh (cored and chopped, peeling is optional)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 5-6 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- hearty pinch of sea salt
- Place chopped apples in a blender and puree. (do this step in batches) On the last batch, add maple syrup, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla and sea salt. (puree to desired consistency, either chunky or smooth)
- Pour pureed apples into slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and set on low. Let cook overnight or for 8 hours. Stir and cook for an additional 4-6 hours. (you may want to crack the lid a little to let out moisture)
- Once thickened, let cool and scoop into air-tight containers. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.