One of my favorite recipes to make (and eat) is a veggie stir fry. #1 because I love it, but #2 because it is so easy and I make enough that I can eat it for several meals.
Crispy Tofu Vegetable Stir-Fry [Vegan]
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup sugar or your preferred sweetener
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated Ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic (I did not add this to the sauce, but to my veggies instead)
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
For the Veggies:
- 1 medium chopped oninon
- 1 medium seeded and chopped
- 2 medium sliced carrots
- 1 small broccoli head (approximately 1 1/2 cups sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms Baby Bella
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup scallions sliced or chopped
- 1 small can water chestnuts (optional)
For the Tofu:
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu pressed 2 hours
- Cornstarch as needed
- Bread Crumbs 1 ¼ cup
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Garlic Powder 2 teaspoons
- Salt &p pepper to taste
- 1 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
For the Brown Rice:
- Brown Rice 1 cup
- Rice Milk 2 ¼ cups
- Prepare the rice according to the instructions on the bag.
- Toss the pressed tofu in the cornstarch to coat shake off the excess.
- Dip in the soy milk oil mixture and then into the bread crumbs and spice mixture, air fry at 400F for 10-15 minutes or saute in a pan with a small amount of oil until crispy.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and then get the veggies into a large wok or saute pan with a lid to steam over medium to high heat (I microwave the broccoli for 1-2 minutes because that takes longer to cook, then add to the rest of the veg).
- Once the veg is fork tender add the sauce and cook until it boils and the sauce thickens.
- Add the water chestnuts and scallions last then add the tofu, toss everything to coat well.