What a simple yet delicious dish this is, not just that the texture of this dish is so playful, with the super crispy deep-fried tofu soaking all that savory sweet goodness of the sauce then the soft yet crunchy choy sum is a pleasure to your palate. With just a few ingredients to use and a few minutes to spare you are in for a great veggie treat.
Crispy Tofu and Choy Sum [Vegan]
- 14 ounces firm tofu, diced into small cubes
- 3 1/2 ounces choy sum (1 large packet), chopped into section
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan oyster sauce
- Prepare a deep fryer, heat to 350°F then deep fry tofu until golden brown, remove from fryer, drain then set aside.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add choy sum and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the light soy sauce and oyster sauce, continue to stir fry until greens are just wilted.