These cauliflower tacos are an explosion of flavors and textures that will leave you wanting more. The crispy Thai cauliflower is mellowed by a tasty slaw and the whole taco is tied together with a delightful avocado-lime sauce. These tacos are sure to be crowd pleasers.
Crispy Thai Roasted Cauliflower Tacos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tacos:
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoon Thai seasoning (see below)
- 4 small, gluten-free tortillas
For the Slaw:
- 3 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoon cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flaked toasted coconut
- 2 teaspoon each extra virgin olive oil and lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
For the Avocado Lime Drizzle:
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 limes, peeled (flesh only – take the skin and white bits off with a knife)
For the Thai Seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- A few pinches of dried chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the curry paste, olive oil, and lime juice to make a thinner paste.
- Toss the cauliflower in the mixture and stir it to coat.
- In a small jar, combine all spices for the Thai seasoning and shake them together to blend.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of the Thai seasoning over the cauliflower and stir it to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and scatter the cauliflower florets in a single layer.
- Roast them for 15-20 minutes or until they are crispy.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the cabbage slaw in a large bowl.
- Stir the olive oil, lime juice, and agave together. Then, pour it over the slaw and stir everything in.
- In a blender, puree all ingredients for the avocado drizzle. Transfer it to a bottle with a squeeze top, or a sealed jar as you’ll have extra to store in the fridge.
- When the cauliflower is ready, remove it from the oven.
- Divide the cabbage slaw between 3-4 tortillas, then evenly distribute the roasted cauliflower. Drizzle the tacos with avocado sauce and garnish with additional cilantro and toasted coconut if desired.