These potatoes are delicious and perfect for when you are feeding a lot of people because they are so easy. They are topped with a cashew caper aioli that is tangy, creamy, and tasty.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Caper Aioli [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Potatoes:
- 2.2 pounds baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Aioli:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1/2 lemon, juice, flesh, and zest
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 480°F.
- Steam the baby potatoes for 15 minutes until they are soft and you can push a knife into them.
- Drain and transfer the potatoes to an ovenproof tray or cast iron pan.
- Smash each potato with a potato masher until they're crushed and flat, and so they're touching each other.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and sea salt, and cook them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they're golden and crispy on the outside.
- While the potatoes cook, make the aioli by blending all ingredients, except the capers and chives, until they're silky smooth, scraping down the sides of your blender as needed.
- Add the capers and chives and pulse them a few times until they're roughly crushed and chopped, but not blended to a pulp.
- Serve the potatoes with extra capers and chopped chives
- Potato Recipes