This crispy saffron rice with a homemade coconut dressing is more delicious than it sounds. Dishes that come with their own homemade dressing always give the cook a more authentic feel, and the taste of this dish makes this meal an all round favorite.
Crispy Saffron Rice With Coconut Dressing [Vegan]
- 5 1/2 ounces Thai rice
- 5 1/2 ounces green beans
- 1/2 cup soybeans
- Slightly less than 1/2 cup radish sprout
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Fresh chopped coriander sprigs
- Small courgette sprigs
- 2 radishes
- Fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut slices
- 1 spring onion
- 1 lime
- 1 sachet saffron
- 1 fresh pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt, pepper
For the Condiment:
- 4 tablespoons thick soy yogurt
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- Salt, pepper
- Rinse the rice until the water is clear and let it soak for at least half an hour, then drain it.
- Put in a saucepan a volume of water equal to that of rice, bring to a boil, add saffron, rice, lower the heat and cook covered until it is completely absorbed. Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes covered and shelled with a fork.
- Wash and wash all the vegetables. Boil the beans until they are cooked but still crisp, drain and cool in iced water. In a pan heat two tablespoons of olive oil and one of sesame with ginger, two slices of chili and crushed garlic.
- Add the courgettes and the spring onion, add salt and sauté two minutes, add the string beans and the bean sprouts and skip another minute. In another pan heat three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, add the rice and sauté it until golden and slightly crispy.
- Mix the yogurt with the coconut cream, salt and pepper lightly. In a boule pour the rice, the vegetables, the radish sprouts, the sliced radishes, add the fresh herbs, to taste the crushed red pepper and a spoonful of lime juice.
- Pour on each serving two tablespoons of coconut yogurt and serve immediately.