There are few things in this world that we can safely say everyone agrees on but one of that small collection of objective truths is this: french fries are tasty. Unfortunately, they are not the healthiest of snacks – until now! These garlicky fries have salty, crispy crunchy outsides, soft insides, and none fat and oil that normal french fries have. So go on, indulge yourself.
Crispy Oil-Free Garlic Fries [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8-10 red potatoes, washed and chopped into french fries
- 2 cups hot water plus vegetable bouillon (or just use vegetable broth)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 hot red peppers, diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Throw the uncooked french fries into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the hot water, vegetable bouillon, garlic and red pepper.
- Pour mixture over fries and stir thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Spread french fries on a cookie tray lined with a silicone baking mat and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip fries and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes ot until desired crispness has been achieved.
- Potato Recipes