This is such a simple recipe and falafel can be pre made ahead of time and eaten throughout the week! So yum!
Crispy Baked Falafel [Vegan]
- 2/3 cups garbanzo beans
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- sprinkle of onion & garlic powder
- dash of salt
- handful fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Soak garbanzo beans for about 12 hours.
- Drain garbanzo beans and place in food processor with spices, salt, parsley. You don’t cook the beans.
- Grind beans till they’re roughly chopped then add flour. Pulse until the mixture is smaller bits but not a paste. If you can form the mixture into a ball and it holds shape then it’s good to go. Worse case more flour will hope a wet mixture or a little water with help a dry mixture.
- Scoop falafel into desired shapes. Coat falafel with oil to bake.
- Bake at 400ºF for about 25 minutes or until golden. Flip halfway through.