If you want a super satisfying, healthy, and simple dinner, this soup must be on the top of your list. There are endless health benefits to eating zucchini and corn, such as vitamin C, high in fiber, and other minerals. This soup is pretty much health in a bowl.
Creamy Zucchini and Corn Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups water or no-salt-added vegetable broth
- 3 large zucchini (about 2 pounds), roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely minced (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely minced (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely minced (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1-2 tablespoons low-sodium vegetable soup base
- 1/4 cup raw cashews or 1/8 cup raw cashew butter
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped or broken into small pieces
- 2 cups corn, defrosted or fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- In a large soup or stock pot over high heat, add the water, zucchini, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, oregano (and soup seasoning, if using). Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Turn off the heat. In a food processor or blender (in batches if necessary), add the soup and blend it all until it is the consistency you like, taking care not to spill the hot soup on yourself.
- Pour all but about 1 cup of soup mixture back into the pot. To the remaining soup in the blender or food processor, add the cashews and blend on high until completely smooth. A high-powered blender works best for this. Return the cashew mixture to the pot with the rest of the soup.
- Add the corn and baby spinach and stir to combine. As the soup is still very hot, the spinach will wilt itself in about 5 minutes. Add water if needed to adjust consistency. Season with black pepper.