Creamy, flavorful and hearty enough for a cold night, this white bean and kale soup is made easily in just one pot!
Creamy White Bean and Kale Soup [Vegan]
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can white beans
- 2 medium potatoes , diced into small cubes
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 leaves kale, sliced
- Add onions, garlic, and butter to a large saucepan over medium high heat. Cook until it begins to brown.
- Add in the spices, broth, beans, and potato. Stir to combine. Cook over medium heat for about 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes are softened.
- Using an immersion blender, blend about half of the soup so that it becomes thicker. (If you don't have an immersion blender, just pour half of your soup into a stand blender to blend then return to the pot). Remove pot from heat and pour in the coconut cream and chopped kale. Stir and enjoy!