Creamy Vegan White Chili with Corn and Cannellini Beans, by Dawn Hutchins from Florida Coastal Cooking & Wellness, is a smooth, rich, belly-filling white chili with just a touch of coconut milk instead of cream. You’ll never miss the dairy!
Creamy Vegan White Chili with Corn and Cannellini Beans [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and white ribs removed, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can green chilies
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 cups cooked, or 2 (14.5-ounce) cans cannellini (or other white) beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh, or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 ears of fresh corn, kernels removed
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk (simple, unsweet)
- Handful chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sliced green onion
- 1 avocado, seed and peel composted, flesh cubed
- Lime wedges
- Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat; add the onion, poblano, and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes, or until veggies are softened. Add the garlic, chilies, cumin, paprika, and coriander. Cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in the white beans, broth and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, partially covered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover, stir in the corn, salt, and coconut milk until well combined; simmer for an additional ten minutes. Ladle into bowls and top with fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, and a lime wedge.