This delicious, creamy and nutrients dense dish will leave you feeling full, happy and satisfied.
Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled if not organic
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked 2 hours
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1/2 cup water or more, as needed to thin
- 1 cup mushrooms
- Handful fresh cilantro optional
- gluten free pasta of your choice
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Slice the sweet potato and carrot and cut the onion in to quarters. Lay on a baking sheet along with the garlic cloves. Drizzle with coconut oil and season with salt and pepper.
Roast garlic for 15 minutes and the rest for approximately 30 minutes or until just tender and the onion has started to brown around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to instructions.
Slice mushrooms and stir fry in a little coconut oil for a few minutes.
Add cashews, sweet potato, carrot, onion, garlic, apple cider, nutritional yeast, mustard powder and rosemary to a blender. Blend on high speed, adding water as needed to assist blending and create a smooth creamy texture.
Drain cooked pasta and return it to the pot with desired amount of sauce and mushrooms. Mix until heated through nicely.
Serve garnished with cilantro.