This Creamy Roasted Vegan Cauliflower Soup is the ultimate vegan comfort soup that not only tastes amazing, but it's also wholesome and nourishing. It's one delicious creamy soup packed with flavor and easy to prepare.
Creamy Roasted Vegan Cauliflower Soup [Vegan]
- 1 pack (32 oz/ 907g) cauliflower florets or 1 big cauliflower
- 2 cups (480 g) veggie stock
- 1 cup (240 g) plant-based milk (oat milk used)
- 1 cups (140 g) org raw cashew nuts (soak as per Tip#1 instructions)
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) – himalayan salt (or celtic salt)
- 3 garlic cloves (medium size)
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Rinse and wipe dry the cauliflower florets.
- Place cauliflower florets in a baking pan, with the three unpeeled garlic cloves. Sprinkle 1 tsp of salt on top and place to bake for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, set your oven on the broil function and leave florets and garlic to roast (until the skin is golden brown) for 15 more minutes.
- Remove baked florets and cloves from the oven and let rest of a couple of minutes. Set aside a few small roasted cauliflower florets for garnishing purposes.
- After baking, the garlic cloves become smooth and can be squeezed out of the skins.
- In a high-speed blender, add the following ingredients: - roasted cauliflower florets - soaked cashew nuts - roasted garlic cloves - veggie stock - plant-based milk - 1 teaspoon salt - fresh tarragon leaves.
- Start blending at low speed until all ingredients will start mixing together, and gradually increase the speed to high. Blend for 50 sec up to 1 min until the soup becomes smooth and creamy.
Tip#1: Soak the cashew nuts overnight with double the amount of filtered or purified water – 1: 2 ratio, and 1 tsp of salt (1 tsp to 1 cup). Refrigerate if soaking overnight. Soak for a minimum of 4 hours on top of the counter. Drain the soaking water and rinse well before adding the nuts to the composition. *Add an extra half cup to one cup of veggie broth if you find the soup too creamy