These tiny peanut butter tarts are amazing as they are, but when topped with crushed peanuts or dried fruit ... they're phenomenal. The crust, made with walnuts and chia seeds, offers a boost of healthy omega-3s, so don't feel guilty if you eat more than one!
Creamy Peanut Butter and Cacao Tarts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 12-ounce pack silken tofu
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 6 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw cocoa
- Pinch pink salt
- Add all the base ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the mix comes together.
- Remove the mix and divide into four equal parts. Press the mix into the bottom and edges of the tart cases and up the sides. Pop in the fridge while you get the filling ready.
- Clean your food processor, add all the filling ingredients, and then pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Top the tarts with the filling then pop them back in the fridge to firm up a little.