A sweet and savory creamy pan-fried gnocchi delight for when you can't face pesto again.
Creamy Pea and Mushroom Gnocchi [Vegan]
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 knob vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms (chestnut and shiitake work well)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tub vegan crème fraîche
- 5 cups gnocchi
- Begin by heating water for the gnocchi, either in your kettle or on the stove.
- Heat the vegan butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, and add the onion and garlic. Soften for a few minutes over the heat.
- When the water has boiled, let the gnocchi sit in it for a few minutes until softened slightly. Don't boil! Just let the gnocchi sit in the water.
- Drain the gnocchi and add it to the pan with the onion and garlic and let it brown slightly. Add the herbs, chopped mushrooms, frozen peas, and mirin and cook for another few minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the crème fraîche and mix well. Serve hot.