This zucchini pasta, tossed with kale and a delicious tahini-miso dressing.
Creamy Kale & Zucchini Pasta [Vegan]
For the Zucchini Pasta:
- 2 to 4 zucchini squash (4 cups)
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoon miso
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the Kale:
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch kale, approx 4 cups
To Prepare the Zucchini Pasta:
- For the best zucchini pasta, a spiralizer machine works well. Following the directions on your machine, spin the zucchini to create beautiful long zucchini noodles.
- Alternatively, use a julienne peeler. If you don’t have a julienne peeler, simply cut strips of zucchini using a mandolin on the thinnest setting, or slice strips lengthwise with a vegetable peeler.
- Then, stack the zucchini ribbons on top of one another and cut into julienne strips, resembling spaghetti noodles.
- Once done, set aside.
To Prepare the Sauce:
- To prepare the sauce, mix together the tahini, miso, liquid aminos, and lemon juice.
To Cook the Kale:
- To start the kale, wash and tear into bite-sized pieces. Next dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium-low heat and steam fry the onions. This just means to add a tablespoon or so of water and then cover with a lid. Alternatively, you can use a bit of oil to fry the onions.
- To help the onions caramelize nicely, you can add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon or so of date paste or add another type of sweetener.
- Once the onions are soft and browned, add the garlic, followed by the kale. Cover with a lid and let cook for 2 or 3 minutes, or until the kale just starts to wilt. Remove the lid and add the zucchini noodles and sauce. Then, turn off the heat and cover again for one minute.
- Toss, taste for seasoning and serve immediately.