If eating healthier is one of your goals, then you’re in luck today. Zucchini noodles are helpful for weight loss, thanks to their low calorie and carb count, their high water content (key for detoxing!) and their high dietary fiber content. They’re also packed with folates, which help your metabolism function properly. This pasta sauce? Well, it’s green – of course. Nothing screams healthier than a green pasta! It’s made of immune-boosting superfoods, such as ginger, coconut, kale and garlic. It’s thickened with raw cashews and seasoned simply with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Creamy Ginger-Coconut Kale Zucchini Spaghetti [Vegan]
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 15-ounce can lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 6 medium zucchinis, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- 3/4 cup defrosted green peas
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in the olive oil. Once heated, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in the coconut milk, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and then add in the kale. Cover and cook until the greens have wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the kale mixture to a high-speed blender and add in the basil and cashews. Blend until smooth and creamy and set aside.
- Wipe down the pot and place back over medium heat. Add in the zucchini noodles and peas and toss for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to al dente or your preference. Once cooked, divide into bowls and top with green sauce. Serve immediately.