Grab the juiciest and freshest cherry tomatoes you can find, fresh basil, good quality pasta noodles, and quality olive oil. This recipe is healthy, creamy and so yummy!
Creamy Garlic Pasta With Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Tomatoes [Vegan]
- 1 cup halved Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 diced white onion
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups pasta of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Toss the Brussel sprouts, garlic cloves, and tomatoes with oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 30 min. or until Brussel sprouts are charred & tender and tomatoes are blistered.
- While veggies are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to pkg directions, drain and set aside. Reserve 1 tbsp of pasta water.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and onions. Sweat the onions for 2-3 min. until translucent and fragrant. Add a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the flour and let toast for 30 seconds. Whisking constantly, slowly stir in the almond milk until the flour is fully combined. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 8-10 min. until thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add in the fresh basil, lemon juice, and zest. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 3-4 min. to mend the flavors.
- Add the pasta and veggies (not the roasted garlic) and stir to fully coat it in the sauce. Add the reserved pasta water as well.
- Serve with more fresh basil, freshly cracked pepper, and a lemon slice.