This creamy cauliflower soup is as nutritious as it is tasty. The spice blend used in the recipe makes it especially unique and allows the soup's simple ingredients to shine.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, diced or roughly 4 cups diced cauliflower
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cooked white kidney beans
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted almonds, parsley, roasted cauliflower, and nutmeg, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until they are browned – roughly 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, vegetable stock, navy beans, and nutmeg. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is soft. This should take around 20 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, almond butter, salt, and pepper. Blend everything using an immersion blender or in a food processor.
- Serve hot and garnish with toasted almonds, parsley, and crispy navy beans.