These creamy and yummy caramel tarts are free of refined sugar, oil, and gluten. Awesome and healthy spin on a normally unhealthy food, these will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Creamy Caramel Tarts [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Creamy Caramel Tarts [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free]
For the Crust:
- 2 big tablespoon coconut flour
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted (can use other varieties)
- 2-3 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Caramel Filling:
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 big tablespoon almond butter or cashew butter
- Water as needed
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon coconut or agave nectar
How to Prepare Creamy Caramel Tarts [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free]
- Start by soaking you dates 30 minutes in warm water. Meanwhile, using a mini food processor, add your pitted dates and start pulsing until you have little pieces, add the coconut flour and process until it all comes together like a powder, add 2 tablespoons water and pulse again. If you need one extra tablespoon of water add it, it should be lightly sticky, look like a crumble.
- Put crust mixture in a mini cheesecake pan or silicon cupcake molds. Press until you have a nice and thick crust layer, leaving around 3 tablespoons of the crust mixture aside.
- Blend all the caramel filling ingredients, adding water as needed until you have a thick and creamy mixture, and the dates are fully blended. Pour mixture over crust and freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.
- To make the chocolate sauce, mix by hand cacao and coconut nectar (or any liquid sweetener of choice), until it is thick but creamy.
- Once the tartlet is ready, remove from the freezer and top with sauce, mulberries and leftover crust “crumble”. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 295 | Carbs: 58g | Fat: 7g | Protein: 6g | Sodium: 23mg | Sugar: 38gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.