A creamy, cauliflower-based vegan spinach pasta topped with toasted breadcrumbs and baked to perfection in a cast iron skillet. Easy and healthy dairy-free comfort food!
Creamy Baked Skillet Spinach Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10 ounces (1 1/4 cup) cauliflower florets
- 10 ounces pasta (I used brown rice penne)
- 3/4 cup soy milk (can sub other non-dairy milk)
- 2 cups spinach, divided
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set a pot of salted water to boil.
- Microwave cauliflower with a little water for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook to al dente. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Once cauliflower has cooled, combine cauliflower, 1 1/2 cups spinach, and nutritional yeast in a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Add soy milk and process until creamy.
- Combine pasta, sauce, and remaining spinach.
- Stir in salt and garlic powder.
- Toast breadcrumbs in a dry pan over low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour pasta mixture into your cast iron skillet and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until breadcrumbs are browned and pasta is set.
- Remove and cool on a rack before serving.