Elegant and flavorful, these creamed pearl onions will become a staple in family reunions, we guarantee it! Soft pearl onions are simmered in a buttery sauce tinged a creamy white from vegan sour cream, and sprinkled with fresh thyme, parsley, and pepper. Make sure to serve this saucey dish with some quality bread on the side to soak up all of the deliciousness!
Creamed Pearl Onions [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Creamed Pearl Onions [Vegan]
How to Prepare Creamed Pearl Onions [Vegan]
- If your pearled onions are pre-peeled, boil a pot of water, slice off the very ends of each onions, blanch in the boiling water for 40 seconds, then transfer them to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. The peels should come off very easily.
- In a large pan, on medium heat, heat your oil, or vegan butter. Add in your onions and let cook until they have browned a bit.
- Pour in vegetable broth, sour cream, and add your fresh herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer on low until the cream sauce has thickened up.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.