These pancakes are topped with a delightfully tart homemade cranberry sauce. They're made with buckwheat, giving them a uniquely wholesome taste and texture. They're the perfect Sunday morning breakfast!
Cranberry Buckwheat Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cranberry Buckwheat Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups light buckwheat flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Zest of one organic orange
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
How to Prepare Cranberry Buckwheat Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients (except for cranberry sauce) in a separate bowl or measuring cup.
- Add wet to dry and whisk well to combine.
- Next fold in the cranberry sauce. You don’t want to mix it in completely, so just gently stir it in.
- Drop by 1/4 cup onto a non-stick skillet over medium heat (an ice cream scoop works great to keep them all the same size). Flip when bubbles appear and the edges are a bit dry and cook a few more minutes until set.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.