These pancakes are topped with a delightfully tart homemade cranberry sauce. They're made with buckwheat, giving them a uniquely wholesome taste and texture. They're the perfect Sunday morning breakfast!
Cranberry Buckwheat Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups light buckwheat flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Zest of one organic orange
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients (except for cranberry sauce) in a separate bowl or measuring cup.
- Add wet to dry and whisk well to combine.
- Next fold in the cranberry sauce. You don’t want to mix it in completely, so just gently stir it in.
- Drop by 1/4 cup onto a non-stick skillet over medium heat (an ice cream scoop works great to keep them all the same size). Flip when bubbles appear and the edges are a bit dry and cook a few more minutes until set.