These things are pretty epic, considering how easy they are! And if you’re lacking in sweet potato and are a bit more adventurous you can even use chickpeas (with more non-dairy milk) or pumpkin, but the latter will definitely change the flavor. The best part is, you don't need any fancy popsicle molds to make them (all though you totally could use them if you have them.)
Cookie Dough Chocolate Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cookie Dough Layer:
- 1 cup sweet potato purée
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon anise
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon caramel essence
- 2 tablespoons oat flour (optional, omit for grain-free)
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 1/3 cups sliced frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon sweetener of choice
- Pinch salt
- 2 droppers stevia liquid vanilla/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend your cookie dough layers and set aside.
- Blend your chocolate layer.
- If you don’t have pop molds, place cling wrap in a small cup (the size of the cups you use will determine how many pops the recipe yields).
- Spoon alternate layers until you reach the top with chocolate.
- Stick in your pop sticks and place upright in the freezer for an hour or two until set.
- Remove by wiggling the cling wrap, then place on its side and slice through the middle. Store in the freezer.