Ingredients You Need for Collard Wraps with a Peanut Ginger Sauce [Vegan]
For the Wraps:
- 1 bundle of collard greens
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into thin slices
- 1/2 cup of shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup of peanuts
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion
Ingredients for Peanut Ginger Sauce:
- 1/2 cup or so of melty peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 nub of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Avocado slices
- Cooked rice
- Cooked tofu or tempeh slices
How to Prepare Collard Wraps with a Peanut Ginger Sauce [Vegan]
- Wash your collard wraps.
- Prepare and plate all of the ingredients you're adding to your wraps. Set that aside. On a cutting board lay your first collard leaf down stem side up.
- You’re going to run a sharp knife carefully down the stem to remove some of the girth. You don’t want to remove the stem or it won’t hold together as well.
- Proceed to add a thin layer of hummus to the underside of the leaf. This will bind all of your ingredients together.
- Then slice in half. Optionally, you can top with sesame seeds.
- Repeat until you have made all you wish to prepare.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile