These collard greens are simple to make and delicious to eat!
Collard Greens [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Collard Greens [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds of collard greens
- 5 mini sweet peppers, minced
- 3 celery stalks minced
- 2 tablespoons of mushroom seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons Salt (use your taste)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3 drops of Liquid Smoke Seasoning
How to Prepare Collard Greens [Vegan]
- Mince all veggies except greens in a food processor.
- Roughly chop greens. If you want very soft greens, remove the green stems. Save them for juicing or a smoothie later.
- Take the processed veggies and place them in a pressure cooker with olive oil. Sauté on medium heat.
- Slowly add in roughly chopped greens. Cover the greens with sautéed veggies.
- The liquid will start to form on the bottom.
- Slowly add in more greens & keep stirring. Add salt to allow more water to draw out of the veggies.
- Cover with lid and cook with low pressure for 12 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.