On warm days, this cold curried cauliflower is exactly what you need. First, cauliflower is roasted in the oven until tender then dressed in a tangy and sweet vinaigrette. This chilled cauliflower is perfect when combined with hot curry on a bed of rice.
Curried Nutty Cauliflower Salad [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower:
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- Curry vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
For the Curry Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pink salt and pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400°F. Toss the cauliflower with the salt and oil and lay out on a cookie sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, until lightly golden and soft.
- For the vinaigrette, coat the bottom of a medium pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the onion over medium heat until soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Then add the curry powder and cook for another 1-2 minutes while stirring constantly. Then, pour in the remaining oil and let it sizzle over medium heat for 1 minute. Then remove, let it cool and strain out the onion, letting the curry powder sink to the bottom.
- While it is cooling, whisk together the dijon, maple, vinegar, lemon juice, pink salt and pepper in a large bowl. Then carefully pour in the oil, leaving the curry powder behind and whisk together to form the vinaigrette.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the bowl with the dressing and toss to mix well. Add the raisins and almonds, toss again. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.