These energy-packed No-Bake Coconut, Date, and Puffed Millet Bars are a delicious snack that will keep you satisfied when hunger hits!
Coconut Date Puffed Millet Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed millet
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup (about 6) Medjool dates, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, melted for topping
- Line an 9×9-inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rolled oats, puffed millet, shredded coconut, dates, chia seeds, sesame seeds, and salt.
- To a small saucepan, add nut butter, honey (or maple syrup), and coconut oil. Heat over medium low heat until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the nut butter mixture over the dry oat mixture and stir until all of the dry ingredients are coated.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and press into an even layer. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into 12 bars. Drizzle melted chocolate over bars.
- Store bars in an air tight bag or container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.