Packed with flavor, this Indian coconut curry is a spicy and rich dish that provides hefty sustenance. The spices are balanced out by coconut milk, and the cauliflower adds a nice texture to the entrée. Serve with brown rice, or make a big batch for easy-to-grab lunches throughout your week.
Coconut Curry With Cauliflower [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of fennel seeds
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry
- A pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 1 28-ounce can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 13.5-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- Brown rice
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Add olive oil into a heavy stock pot over medium heat. Once hot, add your fennel seeds to toast. Stirring often until browned. Then add your onion and spices.
- Add your cauliflower, tomatoes, coconut milk, and water. Stir and place over a small burner over low heat. Cover and let simmer. Stir occasionally. Taste test and adjust spices, as well as salt and pepper. Let simmer for a while, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make one cup of rice, according to package details. When ready to serve, place a bed of cooked rice on the bottom and then add the curry cauliflower mixture over top and garnish with fresh cilantro.