The creamy, coconutty cheesecake filling is layered with a sweet, sticky homemade raspberry coulis, providing the perfect balance of subtle and fresh, fruity flavor. The cake is topped with crisp, freeze-dried raspberries and rich dark chocolate shards. This cake is a must-make for any cheesecake-lover.
Coconut Cheesecake With Raspberry Coulis [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Cheesecake With Raspberry Coulis [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate buckini clusters
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
For the Raspberry Coulis:
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries (for layering inside the cake)
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked 6 hours, rinsed, and drained
- 1 1/2 cups coconut yogurt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup melted coconut butter (place jar in a bowl of hot water to melt)
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar or coconut nectar
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
For the Optional Chocolate Shards:
- 1 3-ounce block of vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
For the Cake Decorations:
- A handful of freeze-dried or fresh raspberries
- A handful of chocolate-covered cranberries
- A handful of caramel and chocolate-covered almonds, cut in half
- Vegan chocolate shards, optional
How to Prepare Coconut Cheesecake With Raspberry Coulis [Vegan]
To Make the Base:
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until crumbly. Lightly press mixture into the base of a greased 9-inch springform cake pan. Smooth out mixture with a spatula and refrigerate.
To Make the Raspberry Coulis:
- Blend 1 cup defrosted raspberries with coconut nectar, lemon juice, and cinnamon until smooth. Set aside.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Blend all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a high-speed blender or food processor, until completely smooth. This may take several minutes.
- Slowly add coconut oil, while blender is running and process until completely combined.
- Pour half the cheesecake filling over the base. Spoon raspberry coulis over the filling — take care not to let coulis run out to the edge or the cake will stick to the pan when set.
- Use a teaspoon to swirl the coulis and filling together, creating a marble pattern. Scatter with 3/4 cup frozen raspberries. Gently pour the remaining cheesecake filling on top.
- Place cheesecake in an airtight container, or cover tightly with cling wrap, and freeze for 5 hours until set.
To Make the Optional Chocolate Shards:
- Melt chocolate together with the coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Pour onto a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and refrigerate for 10 minutes to firm up a little. Scatter with desiccated coconut and return to freezer to set. Break into shards, place in airtight container and set aside in freezer.
- Remove cheesecake from the freezer. If you made the cake in advance and it is completely frozen, defrost in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it before removing from tin.
- To decorate the cheesecake, sprinkle raspberries in the shape of a moon crest.
- Arrange chocolate-coated berries and almonds on top. If using chocolate shafts, arrange and press lightly into the cake to secure.
- Best eaten within 30 minutes of removing from the refrigerator. Store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it will keep for 1 week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.