Do you miss cream cheese? No need to! This vegan cream cheese is made from tofu and coconut butter and captures that cream cheese taste you have been missing for your bagels.
Coconut Butter ‘Cream Cheese’ [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Butter ‘Cream Cheese’ [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 15 ounces (whole container) of extra firm tofu
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Butter
- 7 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (one large lemon or two smaller lemons will do)
- 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon date sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
How to Prepare Coconut Butter ‘Cream Cheese’ [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place the tofu block in a cheesecloth or kitchen towel and squeeze all the water out. Once you think you're done, squeeze it three more times.
- Put the tofu in your blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend on high for at least five minutes (pause and scrape sides down intermittently for the smoothest end result).
- Put in an airtight container and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- It's now ready to spread on them bagels, and if you don't finish it all it will keep in the fridge for up to a week, maybe more? However, you can just give it the old sniff test if you're unsure.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.