This no-bake lemon tart is a classic dessert that's so easy to whip up. You don’t even need to turn on your oven! Just blend the crust ingredients and press them into a pan; mix and heat the coconut filling, and pour the filling on top of the crust to set. It’s so easy! The result is a beautiful no-bake lemon tart that will impress all of your friends. Plus, the combination of lemon and coconut can't be beat!
Classic No-Bake Coconut Lemon Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Classic No-Bake Coconut Lemon Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut plus a little more for sprinkling
For the Filling:
- Half a 15-ounce can of coconut cream
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon agar agar powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
How to Prepare Classic No-Bake Coconut Lemon Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Take all of the crust ingredients and pulse together in a food processor, until the mixture starts to clump together.
- Lightly dust a 10-inch pie dish with coconut, then press the crust mixture evenly into the dish to make the base. Place in fridge while you prepare the filling
- Whisk the coconut cream, lemon juice, zest, maple syrup and agar together in a saucepan. Then mix the corn starch and water together and add to the coconut mixture
- Place on a medium-low heat and gently heat the mixture to simmer slightly, whisking constantly. As it heats it should thicken. This should take about 8-10 minutes from start to finish
- Once the mixture has thickened, take off the heat and leave to cool for a minute or two. Pour into the prepared tart base and leave to cool. Once at room temperature cover and place the Coconut Lemon Tart in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1995 | Total Carbs: 233 g | Total Fat: 117 g | Total Protein: 23 g | Total Sodium: 412 g | Total Sugar: 155 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.