This is a classic and beautiful dessert that's so easy to whip up (it's no-bake!) and will impress all your friends. Plus, the combination of lemon and coconut can't be beat!
Classic No-Bake Coconut Lemon Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut plus a little more for sprinkling
For the Filling:
- Half a 15-ounce can of coconut cream
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon agar agar powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Take all of the crust ingredients and pulse together in a food processor, until the mixture starts to clump together.
- Lightly dust a 10-inch pie dish with coconut, then press the crust mixture evenly into the dish to make the base. Place in fridge while you prepare the filling
- Whisk the coconut cream, lemon juice, zest, maple syrup and agar together in a saucepan. Then mix the corn starch and water together and add to the coconut mixture
- Place on a medium low heat and gently heat the mixture to simmer slightly, whisking constantly. As it heats it should thicken. This should take about 8-10 minutes from start to finish
- Once the mixture has thickened, take off the heat and leave to cool for a minute or two. Pour into the prepared tart base and leave to cool. Once at room temperature cover and place the Coconut Lemon Tart in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.