This cake is awesome. It's super moist, full of texture, and oozing with cinnamon-sugar goodness with a crumbly topping. And (as always) it's 100% vegan!
Cinnamon Sugar Coffee Cake [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup soft tofu
- 2 cups flour of choice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 2/3 cup cold vegan butter
- 1 2/3 cup flour of choice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and lightly grease a bundt pan. In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and water and stir to combine. Allow this mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes until thickened to an egg-like consistency.
- Meanwhile, cream together the vegan butter and cane sugar with an electric mixer (or whisk by hand) until fluffy. Add in the flaxseed "eggs" and vanilla extract and whisk to combine. Next, add in the soft tofu and continue to whip the mixture until the tofu blends evenly and the mixture becomes fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, prepare the crumble. Combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon and mix to combine. Add in the vegan butter and, with a fork, cut it into the mixture until crumbly.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the bundt pan, top with half of the crumble mixture, and then pour the remainder of the cake batter (smoothing it out evenly) and top with the remaining crumble. Place in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and the crumble is golden brown.
- As an option, in a small bowl, combine icing sugar and a little bit of almond milk until you reach your desired consistency to create a glaze. Allow the cake to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan, and enjoy!