Let me introduce you to your new favorite craving, Chunky Monkey Breakfast Ice Cream. With swirled peanut butter and raw chocolate chunks, you’d think that would be enough to satisfy, but I couldn’t just leave it there. I wanted this to be a guilt-free meal, so I made sure I didn’t sweeten with sugar, just fruit. Instead, the flavor is almost french vanilla with a hint of almond and cinnamon to enhance the natural sugars. Also…the toppings are like you put peanut butter cups in there without making peanut butter cups. Less work? No objections here. You don’t need anything else in this amaze-me banana ice cream. Dairy Ice Cream?! You’ve met your match.
Chunky Monkey Breakfast Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 3 dates
- 2 frozen, sliced bananas
- 1/4-1/3 cup non dairy milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter (take very small chunks at a time)
- Raw chocolate chunks or cacao nibs
- walnut pieces (optional)
- fresh bananas
- Blend all of the ingredients from the "blend" section in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend about 30 seconds-1 minute, or on the "Frozen Desserts" mode on your blender.
- Use the plunger to evenly smooth out the ingredients or stop every 10 seconds to scrape the sides.
- Once blended (dates should be pureed completely), place in a bowl.
- Take the tbsp of unsweetened peanut butter and evenly distribute throughout the ice cream by placing the peanut butter in 1/4 tbsp chunks. Then, swirl!
- Swirl in the rest of the ingredients
- Place in a bowl and top with toppings for an extra special treat or breakfast!