Cinnamon rolls, made literal, by using tortillas. The tortillas are wetted using a wonderful cashew cream, all spiced up with cinnamon. This skips the dough process in its entirety and since tortillas are already cooked, there is minimal baking involved.
Chocolatey Cinnamon Rolls in Tortillas [Vegan]
For the Tortillas:
- 4 tortillas of your choice
- 1/2 cup cashew cream
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, hazelnuts, or almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 1/2 ounces vegan chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cardamom pods
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons hot water
To Make the Tortillas:
- Mix the cashew cream with the maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and crushed cardamom seeds.
- Liberally apply the cinnamon cashew cream mix to both sides of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle one side of the tortillas with the nut of your choice and then drizzle some melted chocolate on top of the nuts.
- Roll the tortillas and let them sit, covered, for at least 20 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 400°F.
To make the Glaze:
- Melt the vegan butter and then mix the rest of the ingredients into the butter until the mixture is uniform.
- Drizzle the glaze over the tortillas before serving.