Shredded zucchini is hidden away in these fluffy Chocolate Zucchini Waffles! Full of rich chocolate flavor, these waffles are made without dairy, eggs, or gluten.
Chocolate Zucchini Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- Pre-heat a waffle iron. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In another bowl, add the almond milk, banana, flax egg and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until no lumps remain. Gently fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Using 1/2 cup at a time, pour batter onto waffle iron. Cook according to iron directions.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Enjoy immediately or allow waffles to cool completely before freezing.