These are the type of truffles that will make any chocolate lover feel like they should find a chocoholics support group. Rich and decadent, they taste and feel like the ones sold at confectionary chocolate shops. The dates provide the sweetness and almond butter gives them a fudgy texture. The end result is a perfectly sweet and smooth chocolate treat.
Chocolate Truffles [Vegan]
- 12 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup (57 g) almond flour
- 2/3 cup (166 g) almond butter
- 3 tablespoons (21 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Finely chopped almonds (optional), for rolling
- Cocoa powder (optional), for rolling
- Add the dates to a medium bowl and cover with hot water. Soak for 10 minutes or until softened; drain.
- In a high-speed blender, blend the dates until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary. Add the almond flour, almond butter, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon to make rounded tablespoonfuls. Use your hands to roll into balls.
- Place the chopped almonds and cocoa powder in separate, shallow bowls, if using. Roll each truffle in the almonds or cocoa powder.
Kitchen Note Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week