Chocolate and strawberry is such a classic combination! In this recipe, chocolate and strawberries combine to create these healthy, gluten free and vegan scones! These look pretty fancy but only one bowl and 8 simple ingredients are needed to make these healthy chocolate strawberry scones. Chocolatey and filled with strawberries they are ready in only 30 minutes!
Chocolate Strawberry Scones [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Strawberry Scones [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 flax egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups all buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, plus more for topping
- 6 tablespoons room temperature coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
How to Prepare Chocolate Strawberry Scones [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 400 °F degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chilled coconut oil and cut into the dry ingredients. You can use a fork to do this.
- Stir in the nut milk and almond extract and gently mix (not too rough).
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Knead the dough a few times then add to a floured surface and roll out into 1 inch thick circle.
- Slice into 8 scones and transfer to baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before enjoying.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.