Chocolate and strawberry is such a classic combination! In this recipe, chocolate and strawberries combine to create these healthy, gluten free and vegan scones! These look pretty fancy but only one bowl and 8 simple ingredients are needed to make these healthy chocolate strawberry scones. Chocolatey and filled with strawberries they are ready in only 30 minutes!
Chocolate Strawberry Scones [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 flax egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups all buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, plus more for topping
- 6 tablespoons room temperature coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 °F degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chilled coconut oil and cut into the dry ingredients. You can use a fork to do this.
- Stir in the nut milk and almond extract and gently mix (not too rough).
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Knead the dough a few times then add to a floured surface and roll out into 1 inch thick circle.
- Slice into 8 scones and transfer to baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before enjoying.