This rich, decadent and gooey Chocolate Pudding cake is easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Chocolate Pudding Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake Layer:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Dutch Process Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Espresso powder, optional
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk (or other non-dairy Milk)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Oil
For the Pudding Layer:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dutch Process Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Espresso powder, optional
- 1 1/2 cups Hot Water or Hot Brewed Coffee
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a round cake pan that is at least 2 inches deep.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and espresso (is using). Stir in almond milk, vanilla extract and oil; mix till smooth. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
In another small mixing bowl, combine all of the pudding layer ingredients. Gently pour this mixture onto the cake layer.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake looks set on the top and is bubbly in the bottom.
Let the cake cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Scoop servings into individual bowls, top with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!! Leftovers can be stored at room temperature. The pudding layer will thicken as it sits, so briefly microwave before serving.