Pumpkin, orange and chocolate – united in a moist and sweet muffin. These vegan orange-pumpkin muffins are oil-free and refined sugar-free and make a great snack for this fall season.
Chocolate Orange Pumpkin Muffins [Vegan, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice, freshly squeezed (about 5 large oranges)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Blend the orange juice, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients but don't overstir. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Distribute the batter equally among 12 silicone muffin cups or a greased muffin tin. Paper cups aren't recommended as oil-free muffins tend to stick to the paper.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 min until golden at the top. Let them cool completely.