Pumpkin, orange, and chocolate – united in a moist and sweet muffin. These vegan orange-pumpkin muffins are oil-free and refined sugar-free and make a great snack for this fall season.
Chocolate Orange Pumpkin Muffins [Vegan, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Orange Pumpkin Muffins [Vegan, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice, freshly squeezed (about 5 large oranges)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
How to Prepare Chocolate Orange Pumpkin Muffins [Vegan, Oil-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Blend the orange juice, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, but don't over stir. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips if using.
- Distribute the batter equally among 12 silicone muffin cups or a greased muffin tin. Paper cups aren't recommended as oil-free muffins tend to stick to the paper.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 min until golden at the top. Let them cool completely.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.