I have been playing around with this recipe for a while now. It started out as chocolate fudge balls, and then I started getting more adventurous, playing around with different flavor combinations. Chocolate and orange are a magical pair of flavors, and they play especially well together in these date and oat-based energy bites. If your orange isn’t too sweet, you may want to add another date or two.
Chocolate Orange Energy Bites [Vegan]
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- In a high-speed blender, blend the oats, walnuts and cacao until smooth.
- Add the orange rind, juice and dates.
- Blend while using the tamper to get the dates blended through.
- Remove from blender and shape into balls.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge.