The beautiful flavours of chocolate and orange are combined in my Vegan Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake. A moist and tender cake, packed with chocolate chips and a hint of orange, covered in a delicious chocolate orange glaze.
Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake [Vegan]
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/5 cup soy yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Add all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar with the orange zest using your fingers, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Use the batter to fill up the pans (about 3/4 full). Recipe yields for 2 4-inch mini bundt cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove cakes from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Chocolate Glaze: Melt the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in a double boiler on low heat.
- Stir chocolate constantly until melted, add the orange juice or vanilla extract.
- Pour the glaze over the cakes and let the glaze dry before serving.