Creamy dreamy spirals of velvety smooth vegan cheesecake goodness hugged by a thin, rich and perfectly crispy chocolate shell. Get in the holiday spirit with these little delights!
Chocolate No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Cups [Vegan]
For the Cheesecake:
- 3 Packages of dairy-free cream cheese, softened to room temperature (8 oz each)
- 1/2 Cup and 2 tablespoons Erythritol Sweetener
- 1/2 cup of vanilla dairy-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
For the Chocolate Cups:
- 8 Oz Dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Crushed candy canes, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sweetener until well combined.
- Add in the yogurt and peppermint and blend until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 3-4 hours.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl and melt using 30 second intervals and 50% power, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Use a small paintbrush and brush the chocolate in the center, and up the sides, of 12 muffin liners. It doesn't have to be perfect as you'll be doing more coats.
- Place the liners into a muffin tin, so they keep their shape, and freeze until form - about 5-8 minutes.
- Repeat the process until you've used all the chocolate and the cups have some thickness. (Read Notes) Freeze until totally hard.
- Once firm, gently peel away the paper liners. Once you get a good piece, they come off super easy!
- Pipe the set cheesecake into the chocolate cups and sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
You only need 8 oz to make the cups, but melting 9 or 10 oz is recommended, as it makes it easier if you have a little too much! Also make sure you use DARK chocolate. If you have an electric griddle (like for pancakes) it helps A LOT if you heat it on very low heat, place a kitchen towel on top, and put your bowl of melted chocolate on top of that. This keeps the chocolate smooth and melted while you work. Don't garnish with candy canes until serving, or the colors of the candy canes melt into the cheesecake and it doesn't look as pretty 🙂