These chocolate marzipans bars are creamy and delicious. They may not be the healthiest treat, but they are perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth! Plus, they are super simple to make!
Chocolate Marzipan Bars [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup of dark chocolate
- 1 cup of chickpea water corresponds approximately to the liquid from a can
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup of non dairy creamer
- 2 1/2 cups spelled wholegrain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon egg substitute in powder form
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of non dairy milk
- 2/3 cup of oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- For the chocolate cream first melt the chocolate in a water bath. Set aside after melting and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile mix the chickpea water in a clean bowl with the electric hand mixer for about 2 minutes until frothy. Add the sugar and beat for about 10 minutes at the highest level. Add the non dairy cream and mix again for 2 minutes. Finally, add the lukewarm, liquid chocolate and stir briefly until a uniform chocolate cream is produced. Keep the cream in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- For the dough, mix all the ingredients into a dough and distribute in a baking paper lined form. Bake at 350°F for about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and let the cake cool for about 1 hour. Then carefully drop onto a board and allow to cool completely (about 3 hours). The baking paper and the form will be needed again in the next step, so let everything be out.
- Cut the chocolate cake in half with a large, sharp knife. Put the lower half back in the mold and coat with about half of the cream. Put the other half of the dough on top and also top with some cream (there is some chocolate cream left - do not use everything as it will be too much). Put the mold in the fridge for another two hours.
- Using the baking paper, carefully remove the entire cake from the mold and place everything on a wooden plate (not a must, but makes the next step easier). Take the marzipan corner out of the packaging, roll it a bit smooth and cover the cake completely. Carefully smooth the pages but smoothly. Top it all with powdered sugar and preferably put it in the fridge again for one to two hours (it should always be stored here, as the chocolate cream quickly loses firmness when exposed to heat). Carefully chop and serve the chocolate marzipan cubes with a smooth and very sharp knife.