Considered to be the world's most delicious nuts, macadamias are small, crispy buttery flavored powerhouses full of good fats, protein, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. Yes, these babies are very high in fats, but their fat profile balances our essential fatty acids to provide a nice mixture of both omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. These fats also increase the production of protective high density lipoproteins (HDL cholesterol) while suppressing the unhealthy low density lipoproteins (LDL cholesterol).
Chocolate Macadamia Macaroons [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups desiccated coconut (another half cup for rolling)
- 1 cup raw macadamias
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar (please use more if you prefer them sweeter)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Quickly pulse the macadamia nuts in a food processor (careful they turn into butter quickly).
- Combine all other ingredients with pulsed nuts.
- Form small balls or press into a mold.
- Roll or sprinkle these in finely shredded coconut.
OPTION 1 (fridge): Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 14 days. OPTION 2 (freezer): Place in freezer for up to 3 months. Take out about 30 min before eating. OPTION 3 (dehydrator): Place on dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 40 C (115 F) for 24 hours until the outside is crispy and the inside is chewy. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.