These truffles are vegan and gluten-free. I’m not usually a dessert person but I loved these. I also love a dessert that doesn’t require baking. All of the truffles are filled with chocolate and macadamia/cashew butter. Some I coated with chocolate that hardened in the fridge while others are coated with chopped hazelnuts or toasted coconut. They were gone before I knew it and I had to make another batch. Those went pretty fast too!
Chocolate Macadamia Butter Truffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbs. vegan butter
- 4 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup macadamia/cashew nut butter
- Toppings: toasted coconut, chopped hazelnuts
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and butter over low heat. Stir constantly until the chocolate is smooth. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar with a hand mixer. Stir in 1½ cups of the melted chocolate and the vanilla. Mix in the macadamia butter until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set it on your work station along with small bowls of the toppings you are using. Also put the remaining melted chocolate in a bowl to use as a topping.
- Remove the truffle mix from the refrigerator. Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop some truffle mix and roll it into a 1-inch ball. It should be about the size of a large gumball. Roll the ball into whichever topping you like and lay it on the baking sheet.
- If you are using the melted chocolate, drop the ball into the chocolate and lift it out with two forks onto the baking sheet. Continue until you use all the truffle mix. Refrigerate the truffles for at least an hour or until they set. Store in the refrigerator to keep them solid.