This ice cream is VERY chocolatey, so if you are a chocolate lover, this dessert is definitely for you. The recipe uses raw organic cacao powder for this ice cream because of its amazing health benefits. Raw cacao has over 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries, is the highest plant-based source of iron, full of magnesium for a healthy heart and brain, has more calcium than cow's milk, and is a natural mood elevator and anti-depressant.
Chocolate Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 cups unsweetened full-fat coconut milk from the can
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. The mixture will thicken and will resemble the consistency of thin yogurt
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Turn on the ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Follow your ice cream maker's manufacturer instructions for precise timing and process. The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.