Hooray for chocolate hazelnut spread! This homemade version of the silky, chocolatey delight is free of dairy, gluten, and refined sugars -- what could be better? It tastes great on just about anything, but the best way to eat it is straight out of the jar!
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – Tastes Just Like Nutella! [Vegan]
2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups of hazelnuts, ground into butter
- 2 tablespoons of hazelnut oil (or other oil of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 cup of liquid sweetener of your choice: date paste, maple syrup, coconut nectar…
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- Place your hazelnuts in the food processor fitted with an S-blade. Grind into thick butter.
- Combine hazelnut butter, hazelnut oil, cacao powder, sweetener, vanilla extract and salt in the food processor. Process well for about 1 minute.
- Top with finely chopped hazelnuts or a small handful of cacao nibs.
This Chocolate Hazelnut Spread will stay fresh for at least 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.