A crispy, thin, slightly sweet and salty biscuit, covered with melted chocolate and only eight ingredients. You’ll be munching down on these Chocolate Digestive Biscuits before your cup of tea is even ready!
Chocolate Digestive Biscuits [Vegan, Sugar-Free]
- 1 cup whole wheat plain flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1-2 tablespoons soy milk or preferred non-dairy milk
For the Chocolate Topping:
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F fan-forced and line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Rub in the butter using your fingertips. Using your hands, mix in 1 tablespoon of the milk at a time, until it creates a soft dough. I only needed 1 1/2 tablespoons.
- Form the dough into a ball and place on an extra piece of grease proof paper. Roll it out to an even 1/8-inch thick. Using a 2 and 1/2-inch cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as you can, placing them 1-inch apart on the baking trays. Reroll the dough scraps and continue cutting until you have no more dough.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Remove and leave to cool completely on the tray.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler and spread over the tops of the cooled biscuits.
- Leave to set or enjoy as is.
Store covered in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.