Your daily snacks are covered with these healthy chocolate banana peanut butter balls. Rich, creamy, and decadent yet free of refined-sugars, gluten, and oil!
Chocolate Covered Banana Peanut Butter Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
6 2-ball servings
- 1/4 cup peanut flour
- Approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup freeze dried bananas
- 1/3 cup mulberries
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon water (optional, only if dates are dry)
- Approximately 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Line a small plate with parchment paper. Add your peanut flour to a small bowl then add in your water, starting with 1 tablespoon. You need just enough to make it a dough-like consistency, not a peanut butter consistency.
- Mix until smooth, roll into teaspoon-sized balls, then place them onto your lined plate. Once all of the dough is rolled, place into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- While those set, in a food processor add in the oats, freeze dried bananas, mulberries, cacao powder, and chia seeds and run until uniform. Open and add in your Medjool dates and water, and run again until a dough forms.
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer and place your coconut shreds into a small bowl if you are using.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture, flatten it, then place 1 peanut butter ball in the center of it. Roll the chocolate dough around the peanut butter ball until it is completely covered and it forms a uniform ball. Then, if desired, roll in coconut. Continue until all dough has been used. Should yield about 12 balls.